Graphic Designer Job Opportunity
Join our Steel Studios team as a full time Graphic Designer
Job Description – Graphic Designer
We are looking to recruit an experienced, confident and creative Graphic Designer to work within the team of our busy and growing web design company, Steel Studios.
You will be working closely with the Steel Studios Web Development team to create extensive website layouts as per clients’ brief and requirements. You will also be creating artwork for a broad range of projects such as logos, leaflets, print and digital advertisements, social media banners and web banners. You will be creating work for clients and internal projects for our group of companies.
You will also be creating artwork for digital marketing campaigns. Part of this role will also include writing blog posts and promoting the social media both internally and for external client projects, so the ideal candidate will have competent writing skills.
Strong, professional skills using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is essential.
The ideal candidate will feel confident regularly liaising with clients – face to face, over the phone and email – to discuss project briefs, requirements and budgets. Therefore they will need to be a highly professional and approachable individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Web Development team to create website layouts
- Creative, original and innovative logo designs
- Creating innovative artwork for digital marketing campaigns
- Working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- Liaising with clients to determine their requirements and budget
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Writing blog posts for digital marketing campaigns
- Creating social media posts
- Highly proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud software, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven experience delivering design projects from conception to completion
- Experience or knowledge of both print and digital graphic design
- Experience or knowledge of website layout design
- Excellent attention to detail and precision for all projects and tasks
- Ability to work to timescales
- Able to use initiative and to think on your feet
- Highly creative
- Strong and varied portfolio desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong writing ability
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or similar
- Familiar with UX / UI design patterns
- Experience or knowledge of digital marketing software and strategy
- Proven experience of writing blogs and social media posts for clients
- Previous experience working within a commercial design team
Pay: Dependent on experience (to be discussed at interview)
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Benefits: Personal mobile phone and laptop available for use; a friendly working atmosphere and paid for meals out with the team.
Deadline: 5 pm on Monday 24th February 2020
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role, and examples from your portfolio to email@example.com. If you are selected for interview you will be expected to present your full and varied portfolio to the interview panel.